Sunday, November 15, 2009

Follow Through


I have been quite busy this week. You may have noticed some new elements in my blog this week. Last week I mentioned some goals I have made with regards to creating and sharing my art. Some of these goals have to do with the new additions on blog, namely the print-on-demand site that I am now a part of, red bubble and getting my own website for my art, http://www.tonysturtevant.com/. This has been quite a revelation for me. It was very simple to get started and quite inexpensive (redbubble.com was free and fineartstudiolonline.com had a intro offer that gives me the first 2 months free. I uploaded many of my favorite drawings to both sites. I will be using tonysturtevant.com to focus on selling originals and the print-on-demand site to sell prints of my works. Both sites will of course allow me to get my work out to a larger audience and both of the galleries I have set up will allow me to network with artists and art lovers. Looking at other art work and connecting with other artists is quite inspiring and motivating in my experience. I have already gotten feedback from other artists in the form of appreciation for my images which has been an unexpected benefit of starting these online venues for my work. In addition to the link section where you can go to these sites, I have also added some feeds which allow you to see the prints I have on offer and clicking on one that you like will take you to the site where you can order a print for yourself or as a gift. I hope that you will take a look at these new elements of this blog. I would love to get feedback from you in terms of the ease of use, the look and feel of the site and anyting you have to add that would be of use to me. And, of course, feel free to pick of some of my drawings for yourself and your loved ones. I think that I have got lots of great work that would look wonderful in your home or in the home of a loved one.
The work I have posted is a study I did of an eye using colored pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment